What defines eco-tourism? Does your tourism enterprise meet the mark? Here are some aspects that should define eco-tourism:
1. Ecotourism should help people to understand and appreciate the environment;
2. Ecotourism should help people to appreciate and enhance the understanding of other cultures;
3. Ecotourism should enable people to do more than just observe ? it should actively involve people in the subjects being explored and encourage them to follow it up;
4. Ecotourism must aim at minimizing environmental and social impacts and ensuring that it is sustainable;
5. It should benefit the environment the regional economy and the local communities.
6. It should be educational and enhance both the ecotourists' experiences and their appreciation of the environment and regional cultures without assuming any value judgements.
Tips on choosing accommodation
Budget: This is the number one criteria most people will look at before booking. Knowing how much you want to spend on accommodation alone will determine a big part of your search. If you have a ...
Study Tips for Adults
You may have decided to do some retraining or go back and finish a school certificate or university degree. Whatever the case you may be out of the habit of study and finding it hard to pick up a...
The Real Reasons You Should Consider Re-training
It's a changing world and it seems no career path is clear-cut anymore. But is re-training the answer? Well consider these practical reasons why you may wish to retrain.